5/04/2011

Jazzy attitude

 
"I am the hearing that is attainable to everything;
I am the speech that cannot be grasped.
I am the name of the sound
and the sound of the name.
I am the sign of the letter
and the designation of the division."   
(Nag Hammadi Library, "The Thunder, Perfect Mind", translated by George W. McRae.)


For the reason that I'm always searching for the artistic relation of fashion and music, I had a look back to the Jordan and Ridley Scott film from 2005, which recites the poem "The Thunder, Perfect Mind" in a fusion with jazz music, while showing Berlin urban scenes with the model Daria Werbowy. A felicitous Prada advertising.


In contrast to the classic perfume clip from 2005 stands the Prada fashion video campaign for spring/summer 2011 with a crazy robotic dancing model..up to date, but I prefer the classic video.

3 comments:

  1. I love this, you have a very nice blog. So creative. m.


    Following (thx for stopping by)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video and quotes! nice!

    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete