6/09/2011

Christopher Kane | or Concrete Art

As you've probably recognized already, I like the idea of transparency at the moment. Christopher Kane is currently one of THE designers who is able to work with sheer materials and play with bright colours as well as prints, and I mean seriously bright colours, if you know his s/s 2011 collection (click!).
Photobucket
Christopher Kane - Spring/summer collection 2011

Some weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit the Centre Pompidou (click!) and I rembered that artwork I saw from Max Bill, who was one of the prime movers at Art Concrete from early till middle of 20th century. As I had a second look at it I got the association to refer the painting (you get different images if you move around the artwork) to Christopher Kane's pleated skirt, which print is destructible by movement.
Photobucket
Max Bill, Centre Pompidou, Paris

15 comments:

  1. wow, great posting, thanks for sharing :)
    I didn't know 'Max bill' so I was searching him to internet. he is a graphic designer. right??
    I love Christopher Kane,too. feels like britsh. I think. I've loved him from first collections.
    anyway
    amazing that -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment :) I too love sheer things, and the ones above are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the third clothing! <3
    Thank you for sharing <3!

    Want to win a Skin Cleasen & Polish by Liz Earle?
    Click: http://ladyfashionoui.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-giveaway.html
    And Good Luck <3
    XOXO
    IT *

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the orange jacket..I guess it woulod perfect for rainy days:)

    Thsnk you for the lovely comment.

    Following you now hope you follow back:)

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange jacket! By the way I'm following you, I hope you follow back :)

    xox,
    Marta

    http://fashionistascoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walking art. I love Kane's printed sheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy Max Bill's works, he is an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge fan of Christopher Kane as well. I had one of his dresses tailor-made for me because it was very pretty. The real thing costs way too much. :)

    -GAYLE IS VOLATILE

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, so colorful!! awesome stuff here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing super lovely!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the light fabric is so ultimate for summer. Beautiful colours too.
    Thanks for coming by my blog, loving yours as well!
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing!
    I love your blog :)
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  13. i want the 3 of themmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pleated skirt is beautiful, great post!
    B x

    ReplyDelete