10/06/2011

PAOLITA it began with a little skirted bikini...

...her most memorable bathing suit was a skirted bikini her mother bought her as a little girl, so that was the origin of her passion for outstanding beachwear. 

Photobucket
S/S 2012, Montemini, Purple and Tattoo

I know, autumn/winter season has arrived, but for that reason we should heat up and have a look at the high fashion bikini collections for next year. Paolita evokes a feeling... of faraway places, fantasy, cultures. A source of inspiration for the colour- and playful designs of Paolita are journeys around the world and the appreciation of the different cultures in the designers' family. All these impressions of diverse cultures and people influence her style. Anna Paola, who has worked after finishing her studies with Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan, reflects in her designs what people in Europe consider as "exotic". Another inspirational source is the link between art and fashion. The designer considers also the paintings of exotic places and women from the time when trade routes opened across the world.
Luckily I got the chance to meet the designer at London Fashion Week and I was impressed by her fresh and happy appearance, which is definitely the foundation for her spectacular designs.

My favourite of the moment is the Lace Hoodie in Black and White (perfect to wear for clubbing with a nice pair of skinny jeans):
video
Photobucket
Pictures from Paolita Lookbook 2012. Have also a look at the impressive artworks on paolita.co.uk!

18 comments:

  1. amazing!!!

    New outfit on my blog!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!
    Im following you now!, please follow me back!

    www.juliphotodiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Paolita! I bought a cute bikini this summer and it became my favorite!

    I am following you! Come and check if you like my blog too ;)

    tina
    http://wherecanifindthe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first one. Cute! :)
    Wanna follow each other?
    http://modejoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lace one, so chic! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! Thanks for your comment :) xoxo

    http://beautyjusticehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweetheart! You used to follow me on my 'Balkan Couture' blog. I have my own domain now and it would be lovely if you would be a part of one my readers again :).


    www.sarabow.de


    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this purple bikini.

    XO,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy thinspiration

    FRASSY

    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post! thanks for your comment :)

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI!!!Great Post!!!
    Follow me on my blog!!!!
    xoxo pon lee
    http://ponlees.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. that little skirted swimsuit is so beautiful! love these :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. exotic bikinies by adorable and talented Paolina...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pretty things ! Come to see my page and if you love it follow me
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice purple bikini! thanks for visiting my blog, would you like to follow each other?

    @CottonCandyINK.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Love the last picture...that lace is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete